20 Aug 2017 – 15:54
Doha: First four trains of Doha Metro, out of a total 75, arrived at Hamad Port yesterday.
Mwani Qatar tweeted that they received the first Doha Metro trains coming from Kobe port in Japan.
The batch includes four out of a total of 75 trains that will serve the Doha Metro project and they took 21 days by sea to reach Hamad Port.
Doha Metro will be one of the fastest driverless trains in the world and will be the fastest in the region. It is capable of reaching 100kmph, Ministry of Transport and Communication said on their social media.
Qatar Rail said that the first group of trains came two months ahead of schedule and they will be transported to Al Wakra Depot soon.
“Whatever the circumstances and challenges, we will remain committed to achieve,” Qatar Rail tweeted.
The designs of the Doha Metro and Lusail Tram trains are an embodiment of Qatari heritage and culture combined with state-of-the-art technology.
I willl be for Gold and Family Class and two for Standard class – will be delivered to Doha Metro: Gold will have 16 seats, family 26 seats and standard 88 seats.
Source : The Peninsula
20 Aug 2017 – 13:26
Doha: Qatar’s 2022 World Cup preparations have been inconvenienced but not delayed by the political and economic blockade by its neighbours, the country’s most senior tournament organiser insisted Sunday.
Hassan Al-Thawadi, Secretary General the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, said alternative suppliers outside those countries involved in the ongoing dispute have been found for tournament-related construction projects.
“The impact has been minimal,” Thawadi told Doha-based broadcaster Al-Jazeera English in an interview to be aired later on Sunday.
“In terms of stadium progress or stadium construction and infrastructure requirements for the World Cup, progress is being made as well.”
He added that the crisis has “caused an inconvenience”.
Asked outright if projects had been delayed, Thawadi responded: “Projects are on schedule. No delays have occurred.”
Qatar has been isolated since June 5 when Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt cut ties with the World Cup host — accusing it of backing extremism and fostering ties with Iran — triggering the biggest political crisis in the Gulf for several years.
Doha denies the claims.
Qatar initially gave priority to Gulf suppliers for the vast construction projects — the country is spending $500m a week on World Cup projects — accompanying the controversial tournament.
Since the conflict began some have questioned whether the gas-rich nation can subsequently meet deadlines to build or renovate the eight stadiums currently earmarked for 2022.
But Doha has said it swiftly replaced Saudi and UAE companies with Chinese and Malaysian contractors, among others, since June 5.
Qatar is soon expected to unveil its latest designs for further stadiums.
Source : The Peninsula
20 Aug 2017 – 14:14
The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) has today revealed the design for Al Thumama Stadium – the sixth proposed 2022 FIFA World Cup venue.
Designed by Qatari architect Ibrahim M Jaidah, Chief Architect of Arab Engineering Bureau (AEB), the stadium is inspired by the ‘gahfiya’ headdress.
Hassan Al Thawadi, SC Secretary General, said: “We’ve always been very careful to combine the past with the future in our designs. The gahfiya is a continuation of that theme. It’s a blend of our heritage and culture, and a commitment to the future.”
Al Thawadi went on to say the Al Thumama project would shine a light on Qatari talent.
“Our vision with this World Cup was always to complement and assist in developing local talent, and shed a light on local industry,” said Al Thawadi. “Ibrahim M. Jaidah is a very well-known architect in Qatar and we believe he has the talent, the passion and the commitment for this project.”
Al Thumama Stadium will be built on pitches currently used by the Qatar Football Association. The Al Thumama district is located in Doha’s southern suburbs, 12km from Hamad International Airport.
The stadium will seat 40,000 fans in 2022, with the capacity reduced to 20,000 in legacy mode and the excess seats donated to a nation in need of sporting infrastructure.
Construction work has already begun, with the stadium due to be completed in 2020. The main contractor is a joint-venture between Qatari company Al Jaber Engineering and Turkey’s Tekfen Construction.
AEB, the company responsible for the schematic design, is the oldest architectural and engineering firm in Qatar. Its extensive portfolio includes the Embassy of Oman in Qatar.
Jaidah believes the stadium will symbolise Qatar’s emergence as a global sports hub.
“The design is a nod to the past, while offering an exciting glimpse into Qatar’s tomorrow,” he said. “In Qatari culture, the gahfiya forms an important part of every young boy’s pathway to adulthood.”
He added: “This rite of passage inspired my vision for the stadium’s design. It is an arena that symbolises Qatar’s youth and its emergence as a major player on the global sporting scene, ready to welcome the world in 2022.”
The stadium, which fans will access via dedicated bus services from a nearby metro stop, will feature state-of-the-art cooling technology and world-class accessibility facilities.
Post-tournament, it will house a range of amenities, including a boutique hotel and branch of Aspetar Sports Clinic. The stadium precinct will become a community hub featuring facilities for numerous sports, including handball, tennis and swimming, among others.
Engineer Hilal Al Kuwari, Chairman of the SC’s Technical Delivery Office, believes the design highlights the historical bonds that unite the Arab world.
“This design is a welcome reminder of the historical bonds that unite the Arab world as one people”
“Given its rich cultural inspiration, this is another fantastic design that everyone in Qatar will be proud of,” said Al Kuwari.
“This design is a welcome reminder of the historical bonds that unite the Arab world as one people. The SC, along with the main contractor and numerous stakeholders, will work tirelessly to ensure this stadium captures the imagination and leaves a strong legacy for the people of Al Thumama.”
Source : The Peninsula
(BasNews) The United States has no intention to stay in Syria after the final defeat is brought to Islamic State (IS) in the country, said State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert.
“Our overall mission is to defeat ISIS, whether it’s in Iraq or in Syria. That is our intent — to defeat ISIS and not do anything more than that,” Nauert told reporters on Friday, using another acronym for the Islamic State.
The statement was made in response to the remarks made by Talal Silo, a spokesperson for the Syrian Democratic Forces, who had told Reuters earlier that the US army in Syria, especially in the northern Kurdish areas, are expected to stay for decades even following the defeat of IS.
“They have a strategy policy for decades to come. There will be military, economic and political agreements in the long term between the leadership of the northern areas (of Syria) … and the U.S. administration,” Silo said.
“We want Syria governed by Syrians, not by the United States, not by any other forces, but by Syrians,” Nauert pointed out during Friday’s press briefing.
The SDF, an alliance of Kurds and Arabs, are the main US partners in the war against IS in Syria currently leading a battle to recapture Raqqa, the self-proclaimed capital city of IS.
Source : Syria News media
Damascus (Syria News) Syrian regime forces and allied militias have violated the de-escalation agreement in Jober neighborhood, and shelled the area using toxic gases, a source told Enab Baladi on Saturday.
The source revealed that Assaf forces shelled Jober neighborhood with missiles containing toxic gases, causing suffocation to 4 cases, which were documented by Jober Medical Office.
The shelling was carried out immediately after signing the deal, and also hit the cities of Zamlka and Hamoriyah, killing 3 persons and wounding dozens others, as well as shelling the areas of Saqba, Kafr Btna and Ayn Tarma with dozens of missiles.
Meanwhile, Syrian regime media said that the army forces carried out artillery shelling on the headquarters of the armed groups in the axis of Jober-Ayn Tarma.
Yeatserday, an agreement was conducted to ceasefire in Jober neighborhood and eastern Ghouta.
Source : Syria News media
(Reuters) Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Sunday that while his country had foiled Western designs to topple him, his army had not won defeated insurgents and the fight was continuing.
In an televised address, Assad said that even though there were signs of victory after six-and-a-half years of civil war, the “battle continues, and where we go later and it becomes possible to talk about victory…that’s a different matter”.
He did not elaborate on that point.
However, he said the assistance extended by stalwart allies Russia, Iran and Lebanon’s Hezbollah movement had enabled the army to make battlefield gains and reduce the burden of war.
“Their direct support – politically, economically and militarily – has made possible advances on the battlefield and reduced the losses and burdens of war,” Assad added.
He said his country welcomed Russian-brokered, regional ceasefire deals that Moscow is seeking to extend elsewhere in Syria as these would end bloodshed and bring an end to insurgency and pardoning of rebels.
“We have an interest in the success of this initiative.”
However, Assad condemned U.S.-inspired “safe zones” which President Donald Trump earlier this year said he hoped to achieve with Russia, saying such a plan would only “give cover to terrorists.”
Source : Syria News media
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) — In 2017, Uzbekistan will direct 2.12 trillion soums to finance a programme for construction of affordable houses on new standard projects in rural areas in 2017-2018.
In October 2016, President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev approved a program for construction of affordable houses on updated standard projects in rural areas in 2017-2021.
According to Qishloq Qurilish Bank, 2 trillion and 121.5 billion soums will be allocated to the program in 2017 alone. It is expected that 478.9 billion soums will be issued due to developer companies and 1.642.6 trillion soums due to state budget and commercial banks’ resources.
Six banks will provide soft mortgage loans to finance the construction of 15,000 homes.
Qishloq Qurilish Bank will provide 1.04 trillion soums for construction of 6985 houses. Of these, 244.7 billion soums will due to resources of the population and 795.6 billion soums due to concessional mortgage loans.
Qishloq Qurilish Bank transferred 544.2 billion soums to the special account of the engineering company Qishloq Qurilish Invest for construction of 4,743 houses. Of these, own funds of developers was 154.6 billion soums and soft mortgage loans – 389.6 billion soums.
Under the program of 2017, funding was opened for housing construction in Bukhara and Namangan regions at the expense of the Islamic Development Bank. About US$40 million from US$ 100 million were directed to construction of houses.
Source : UzDaily
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) — Uzbekiston Havo Yollari (Uzbekistan Airways) launched a new Full-flight simulator (FFS) of the Boeing 767 aircraft.
FFS Boeing 767 is the latest product of the Canadian Aviation Electronics (SAE), equipped with the most advanced computer software, visualization and mobility systems. On the new simulator, it is possible to work out special cases of flight, both in the air and on the ground, the press service of the airline said.
The visualization system, developed in accordance with international industry standards to provide high-quality imaging, allows pilots to calculate complex and effective visual scenes in unusual situations, and the airport database embedded in the computer system of the simulator – to fly to anywhere in the world.
New simulator is exact copy of the cabin of the Boeing 767 airliner. The weight of the simulator is about 13 tonnes. CAE delivered the simulator in April 2017. Specialists of the CAE carried out installation and assembly works.
Pilot-instructors of Uzbekiston Havo Yollari tested the simulator and State Aviation Inspectorate provided its certification. The Inspectorate
After the pilots-instructors of NAK “Uzbekiston Havo Yollari” test tests and acceptance simulator, Gosavianadzor RUz conducted its certification and based on the results of the qualification assessment issued a certificate for the operation of the new simulator.
Canadian specialists trained 11 specialists-engineers of Uzbekistan Havo Yollari to provide technical support new simulator. They received right independently service the simulator.
Now, Training Complex of Uzbekistan Havo Yollari can conduct training of pilots independently without attracting foreign specialists. It is expected that the airline will also provide training services to foreign airlines.
Training Complex of Uzbekistan Havo Yollari has Full-flight simulators Il-114-100 and A320.
Source : UzDaily