Four computers dumped outside embassy

Monday, 13 March 2017

Flag of Malaysia.svg

Deliberately damaged: Journalists taking pictures of the computers that were dumped outside the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

Deliberately damaged: Journalists taking pictures of the computers that were dumped outside the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

KUALA LUMPUR: Exactly a month after the high profile assassination of Kim Jong-nam, three laptops and a desktop computer were dumped outside the North Korean embassy, all with their hard disk drives missing.

The four computers also looked like they were deliberately damaged, with multiple cracks on the laptops’ screens, broken keyboards and excessive dents on them.

It was believed that the computers were thrown out in the early hours yesterday when journalists who have been staking out the embassy at Jalan Batai left for the night.

Also discarded were empty liquor bottles, cigarette cartons, flowers, flower stands and other common household rubbish.

The only activity seen was when embassy counsellor Kim Yu-song and another man left the building in an MPV at 11.30am. They returned 35 minutes later.

Scores of motorists passing by the road slowed down to look, while some stopped to take photographs.

At around 4.45pm, a scrap material collector came and took the computers and the glass bottles away.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar confirmed on Friday that the man killed at KLIA2 on Feb 13 was Jong-nam.

Authorities believe that the embassy’s se­cond secretary Hyon Kwang-song, 44, and Air Koryo staff member Kim Uk-il, 37, are still in the country.

They are believed to be holed up inside the embassy.

It was learnt that the North Korean high-level delegation sent here from Pyongyang wants Hyon and Uk-il to be allowed to return to their country and Jong-nam’s body to be released to their government.

A warrant of arrest has been issued for Uk-il and a letter requesting Hyon’s cooperation was sent to the embassy.

Meanwhile, members of the press, inclu­ding foreign journalists, looked fatigued after weeks of staking out the embassy.

A reporter from a Japanese television network, who declined to be named, said he had just arrived in Malaysia a week ago to replace his colleague who was here earlier.

He said there were around 30 media practitioners from various Japanese news agencies and television networks.

Another reporter from Bangkok hoped that the entire saga would come to an end soon.

“This is now my second week here. We’re not sure when we’ll get to go back. As long as Jong-nam’s body is still here, I guess we’ll still be here,” she said.

Source : The Star

Deixe um comentário

Preencha os seus dados abaixo ou clique em um ícone para log in:

Logotipo do

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta Sair /  Alterar )

Imagem do Twitter

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta Twitter. Sair /  Alterar )

Foto do Facebook

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta Facebook. Sair /  Alterar )

Conectando a %s

Este site utiliza o Akismet para reduzir spam. Saiba como seus dados em comentários são processados.