‘They pay us like we’re on the dole’ – Matildas striker Michelle Heyman takes aim at Football FederationAustralia

September 18, 2015

Lee Gaskin

SPORTS REPORTER AT THE CANBERRA TIMES

Matildas striker Michelle Heyman has hit out at the wages paid to the women's national team by the FFA.

Matildas striker Michelle Heyman has hit out at the wages paid to the women’s national team by the FFA. Photo: Todd Korol

Matildas striker Michelle Heyman was left stranded in the US after the women’s national team’s tour was cancelled because of the pay dispute between Football Federation Australia and the Players’ Football Association.

Heyman also says she may be forced to quit the Matildas if they don’t qualify for next year’s Olympic Games, so she can set herself up financially with lucrative offers overseas.

The FFA and the Matildas remain at loggerheads after the players pulled out of a training camp after they weren’t paid for two months, which they have now received.

Matildas players are paid $21,000 per year, and about $13,000 for playing at this year’s Women’s World Cup.

Heyman was in San Francisco having finished her commitments with the Western New York Flash of the National Women’s Soccer League when news broke that the Matildas tour of the US had been cancelled.

“I received an email which said, ‘If you’re in America, you have to find your own way home’,” Heyman said.

“I was so annoyed. They [the FFA] promised me my flights home.

“I was so lucky the PFA took care of it because otherwise I would have been another $1500 out of pocket.

“The FFA wants us to be full-time athletes, but they pay us like we’re on the dole.”

Heyman admitted she would consider making the heart-breaking decision to quit the Matildas if they don’t qualify for next year’s Olympics.

“I look at all my school friends and they are buying houses and have all that set, and then there’s me, and I have no idea,” she said.

“I’m so grateful and thankful that I get to travel the world and experience all these things, but in five years’ time, I’m going to be a retired soccer player and have $20 to my name.

“If we don’t qualify for the Olympics then there’s a high chance of me retiring from the national team because I want things in life.

“I’m going to need a career path that’s actually going to pay me a wage and something that I can actually rely on.”

Heyman said the FFA should pay the Matildas players full-time wages because they have to play in the W-League to be eligible to play for the national team, therefore forgoing larger contracts overseas.

“I received an email from South Korea for an offer, and what they are offering me is something never heard of in this country for women in sport,” Heyman said.

“I would be earning 30 times more money than what I would be earning now.

“It’s disappointing because I could make some money and play the game I love, but then I want to play for my national team.”

Heyman arrived back in Australia on Wednesday to begin preparations for the upcoming W-League season with Canberra United.

She is currently living with her parents in Wollongong and desperately looking for a job in Canberra to supplement her part-time wages.

Heyman had previously held a job as a landscaper in Sydney, but couldn’t find any work in Canberra last year to balance around her commitments with Canberra United.

“I went to do my taxes the other day and my accountant looked at my group certificate and said, ‘This is disgusting’,” she said.

“No employer wants to employ me because we are never here.

“I just don’t understand how they [the FFA] think it’s right.

“I’m 27, I’ve been in the team six years, I should be buying a house, but here I am struggling to pay rent.

“Pay us a little bit more and we wouldn’t have to eat our arm.”

The Canberra Times

Oakleigh clash with Hume in FFA Cup biggest game in clubs history

September 19, 2015 – 8:11PM

Michael Lynch

SENIOR SPORTS REPORTER WITH THE AGE

A-League teams are at a disadvantage when they take on National Premier League Sides in the early rounds of the FFA Cup: they are out of season and conceding a fitness advantage that can prove costly if they are not right on their game when they meet lesser teams.

But the boot is on the other foot at this time of the year, when NPL sides, their seasons over, have to take on A-League teams who are just hitting their straps ahead of the regular season beginning.

One of two Victorian clubs who play each other in the Cup quarter finals on Tuesday — Hume City or Oakleigh Cannons — will face a potential semi-final clash with an A-League team at the top of its game while it is trying to maintain fitness and tick over without any competitive action.

It’s a flaw in the competition, but one that is unavoidable while the A-League is a summer league and the state-based competitions play through the winter.

Not that that will be of too much concern on Tuesday for both NPL Victoria sides. Most of the media attention that night will focus on Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United, who meet each other at AAMI Park, but for Oakleigh and Hume the game at Hume’s Broadmeadows stadium is a wonderful opportunity for one of the two clubs to replicate the achievements of Bentleigh Greens last year.

The latter drew national attention for its run to the last four and for the way it pushed Perth Glory in the semi before finally bowing out.

“It’s the biggest game in the club’s history,” says Aki Ionnas, general manager of Oakleigh, which has five former A-League players, including ex-Melbourne Victory defenders Steve Pantelidis and Matthew Foschini.

“If we can past Hume we would probably get an A-League team and that would be fantastic as it would be a match at home. We would definitely want to play it at our ground, and the local council is working with us to make that happen if we do get through.”

Oakleigh finished down the table in the NPL Victoria this season while Hume played finals.

Keeping the players fit is the biggest challenge faced by coach Arthur Papas, Ionnas says.

“Our season finished on August 23rd so it’s a question of keeping players ticking over and trying to retain match sharpness.”

Oakleigh played Melbourne City in a practice match and lost 8-0, but Ionnas says not too much should be read into that result.

“We changed the team at half-time and played a lot of younger players. We wanted to give people a hitout.”

The Canberra Times

“Verdades Secretas”: Camila Queiroz vai casar duas vezes neste sábado

O diretor Mauro Mendonça Filho marcou para hoje, sábado, a gravação dos dois casamentos de Angel, personagem de Camila Queiroz, em “Verdades Secretas”.

Um com o Alex, de Rodrigo Lombardi, e o outro com Gui, Gabriel Leone. Só um vai valer, claro, mas isso quem vai decidir é o Walcyr, entre quinta ou sexta-feira da semana que vem.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Rede Globo volta atrás e Tatá Werneck fará Fedora Abdalla na nova “Sassaricando”

Tatá Werneck fará Fedora Abdala, personagem de Cristina Pereira em "Sassaricando"

Tatá Werneck fará Fedora Abdala, personagem de Cristina Pereira em “Sassaricando”

Voltou a existir a possibilidade de Tatá Werneck participar da novela de Daniel Ortiz, “Haja Coração”, como sempre foi o desejo do autor. O papel reservado para ela é o que foi da Cristina Pereira em “Sassaricando”, Fedora Abdalla.

Acredita-se que até este novo trabalho, a Tatá saberá superar os problemas apresentados em “I Love Paraisópolis”.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Demissão de Cynthia Benini aumenta chances de Neila Medeiros ficar no SBT

A jornalista Neila Medeiros

A demissão de Cynthia Benini fez aumentar as chances de Neila Medeiros continuar no jornalismo do SBT, ela que teve a sua saída anunciada para o final do ano. Tudo indica que haverá uma reversão no seu caso.

Pelo menos é o que se comenta internamente.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Atores de “Os Dez Mandamentos” renovam contratos e trama espicha mais ainda

Todos os atores de “Os Dez Mandamentos”, com contratos vencendo no fim deste mês, renovaram com a Record até o fim de dezembro.

Isto, entre outras coisas, significa que a novela vai mesmo em frente, com chances de passar janeiro e chegar em fevereiro. E “Os Dez Mandamentos”, em vez de 10, podem virar 20.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

James Akel comments the life of Carlos Manga

Died one of the most creative directors of Brazilian television and was for many years of TV Globo.

I speak of the legendary Carlos Manga.

It was director, publicist, producer, director and TV presenter.

He created one of the largest programs of Brazilian TV in the TV Record the time that it was Who’s Afraid of the Truth, in the 60s, and that was at the time one of the largest audinece in brazilian TV.

No doubt it was on TV Record he held his greatest work of creativity.

At that time had no production with enough people.

He Manga created the program, produced, directed and presented, aided only by a secretary, a studio engineer and TV director, and a soundman.

But it was he who raised up the music.

It was a time that people created and performed.

It was brought to TV Globo but can never accomplish what he accomplished on TV Record.

A great brand of your life will be the same Who’s Afraid of the Truth.

The curious detail is that it was such an amazing program that once the Silvio Santos was keen to participate in making paper by Roberto Carlos defense lawyer.

It was the only time that Silvio participated in a program that was not his.

Manga died sad, depressed, disappointed with the human race.

Shortly before his retirement at TV Globo, his office was held to slap by other directors.

At that moment Manga saw that solidarity among the TV, which existed but in the 50s, 60s and 70s, there was no more and everything had turned a wild power struggle.

 

Written by James Akel at 8:15 a.m in 18/September/2015

James Akel comenta a vida de Carlos Manga

Morreu um dos mais criativos diretores da tv brasileira e que foi por muitos anos da TV Globo.

Falo do legendário Carlos Manga.

Foi cineasta, publicitário, produtor, diretor e apresentador de tv.

Criou um dos maiores programas da tv brasileira no tempo da TV Record que foi o Quem Tem Medo da Verdade, nos anos 60, e que foi na época um dos maiores ibopes da TV.

Sem dúvida foi na TV Record que exerceu seu maior trabalho de criatividade.

Naquela época não tinha produção com bastante gente.

Ele Manga criava o programa, produzia , dirigia e apresentava, ajudado apenas por uma secretária, um coordenador de estúdio e um diretor de tv, além de um sonoplasta.

Mas tudo era ele que criava, até a música.

Era um tempo que as pessoas criavam e executavam.

Foi levado para a TV Globo mas jamais pode realizar o que realizou na TV Record.

A grande marca de sua vida vai ser mesmo o Quem Tem Medo da Verdade.

O detalhe curioso é que era um programa tão incrível que uma vez o Silvio Santos fez questão de participar fazendo papel de advogado de defesa de Roberto Carlos.

Foi a única vez que Silvio participou de um programa que não era o dele.

Manga morreu triste , deprimido, decepcionado com a raça humana.

Pouco antes dele se aposentar na TV Globo, sua sala foi disputada a tapa por outros diretores.

Naquele momento Manga viu que a solidariedade dentre da TV, que existiu sim nos anos 50, 60 e 70, já não existia mais e tudo tinha virado uma disputa selvagem de poder.

 

James Akel no dia 18/09/2015