CLIQUE AQUI para visualizar o ensaio completo
Com fofoca, Balanço Geral SP ameaça liderança da Globo.
Globo perde audiência com reprise de Caminhos das Índias.
First all-new aircraft delivery for Indonesian airline
SEATTLE, Aug. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Sriwijaya Air today celebrated the delivery of two new Next-Generation 737-900ER (Extended Range) airplanes. This is the first all-new airplane delivery for Sriwijaya Air, Indonesia’s third largest carrier.
“Today is a very important day for Sriwijaya Air, with the delivery of our first all-new airplanes,” said Chandra Lie, president of Sriwijaya Air. “These new 737-900ERs allow us to remain a leader in the market with superior economics and the ability to provide our customers with a world-class cabin experience.”
The Jakarta-based airline operates an all-Boeing fleet of 737 airplanes and offers flights to various Indonesian destinations and a select few international cities.
The new 737-900ERs feature Boeing’s innovative Sky Interior with modern sculpted sidewalls and window reveals, larger pivoting overhead stowage bins, and LED lighting that enhances the sense of spaciousness.
“We are proud to build upon our decade-long partnership with Sriwijaya Air with this double delivery of their first all-new airplanes,” said Dinesh Keskar, Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific and India Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “With market-leading fuel efficiency and reliability, and the passenger-pleasing Boeing Sky Interior, these new 737-900ERs strengthen Sriwijaya Air’s current fleet of 737s, with additional range, capability and comfort.”
The Boeing 737-900ER is the newest member of the Next-Generation 737 airplane family. It has the highest capacity and lowest seat-mile cost of Boeing’s single-aisle family.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Boeing Southeast Asia
+65 6800 5107
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
SOURCE : Boeing wEBSITE
India’s largest domestic airline by market share, IndiGo celebrated their 9th birthday by firming up their last year’s commitment and ordering 250 A320neo Family aircraft. This historic aircraft purchase agreement was signed on the 69th Independence Day of India on the 15th of August, 2015.
Aditya Ghosh, President of IndiGo said, “This new order further reaffirms IndiGo’s commitment to the long-term development of affordable air transportation in India and overseas. The additional fuel efficient A320neo aircraft will enable us to continue to bring our low fares and courteous, hassle free service to more customers and markets and will create more job opportunities and growth. The IndiGo team is even more energised and excited than ever before to herald this new phase of our growth for many years to come.”
IndiGo placed an order in 2005 for 100 A320s which have all now been delivered. In 2011 IndiGo became the first Indian operator to commit to the A320neo bringing their total to 280 Airbus aircraft. With today’s announcement, IndiGo has ordered 530 A320 Family aircraft with Airbus.
“It fills us with pride that IndiGo, India’s largest airline and one of the early launch customers for the A320neo, is coming back for more of our benchmark aircraft. This order confirms the A320 Family as the airliner of choice in the most dynamic aviation growth markets. We thank IndiGo and its Co-Founders, Rakesh Gangwal and Rahul Bhatia for their tremendous vote of confidence,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer Customers.
The A320neo “new engine option” incorporates many innovations, including latest generation engines and large Sharklet wing-tip devices, which together deliver 15 percent in fuel savings from day one and 20 per cent by 2020. This is equivalent to a reduction of 5,000 tonnes of CO2 per aircraft per year.
The A320 Family is the world’s best-selling single aisle product line with over 11,800 orders to date and more than 6,600 aircraft delivered to 400 customers and operators worldwide. With this order the A320neo order backlog is catapulted to over 4100 aircraft, clearly underpinning its market leading position. Thanks to its widest cabin, all members of the A320 Family offer the industry’s best level of comfort in all classes and Airbus’ 18” wide seats in economy as standard.
South Korea has sent a letter to the U.N. Security Council to express its regret over North Korea’s Aug. 4 land mine attack that injured two frontline soldiers, and to urge the communist regime to stop additional provocations, a senior Seoul official said Thursday.
The letter, written under the name of Seoul’s Ambassador to the U.N. Oh Joon, was delivered to the UNSC chairman Tuesday, New York time. This month, Nigeria undertakes the rotating UNSC chairmanship.
In the letter, Seoul explained the result of its investigation into the land mine detonation in the Demilitarized Zone, calling the UNSC’s attention to the provocation, which it calls a “threat to peace on the Korean Peninsula and a violation of the Armistice Agreement.”
“Upon our request, the letter has been read by the member states of the UNSC. The letter is expected to be adopted as an official UNSC document today or tomorrow, and posted on the UNSC-related website as well,” the official told reporters.
The latest provocation has sharply raised cross-border tensions, leading the two Koreas to begin intensive propaganda campaigns against each other through loudspeakers near the heavily fortified border.
Seoul’s investigators concluded that the North placed three wooden-box land mines intentionally near the Military Demarcation Line within the DMZ separating the two Koreas. Seoul warned that Pyongyang would “pay dearly” for the incident, while the North denies its responsibility.
The letter is not specifically intended to urge the UNSC to issue a statement against the provocation. But it would be part of an accumulation of evidence of Pyongyang’s continued provocations that threaten the peninsular peace and stability, the official noted.
“We sent the letter, believing that, should the North engage in another provocative act, this letter would show to the international community the repetitive nature of North Korean provocations,” he said. “As the act of sending the letter is quite rare, this shows that we took the case very seriously.”
Meanwhile, 38 North, run by the U.S.-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, said that recent satellite imagery indicates that Pyongyang has conducted an engine test at a satellite launch station on its west coast.
This analysis came amid growing speculation that the reclusive state might engage in a provocative act around Oct. 10, the 70th anniversary of the foundation of its ruling Workers’ Party.
The research website also said that the North has been installing two new, larger, storage buildings for fuel and oxidizer at the rocket launch site. But it pointed out that recent satellite imagery still shows “no signs of launch preparations.”
“When complete, they will provide more than double the storage capacity of the existing structures, suggesting that the North Koreans are developing a capability to test larger, more capable engines,” the website said.
Local media reports said that the North was spotted preparing for short-range missile launches at its launch sites on its east and west coasts. The missiles could be KN-02 ground-to-ground missiles with ranges of up to 160 km or Scud missiles with ranges of up to 1,000 km.
The North has launched short-range missiles in a show of force before or after the South Korea-U.S. military drills, which it has denounced as a “rehearsal for a nuclear war of invasion” against it.
By Song Sang-ho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Korea Herald