ESPN organiza trabalho de cobertura dos Jogos Olímpicos

 

A menos de um ano do seu início, a Olimpíada já está entre as prioridades das emissoras habilitadas para a sua transmissão. E, como aqui já foi escrito, a ESPN é uma das TVs que tem se preocupado em planejar e até colocar em prática, com segura antecedência, o seu trabalho de cobertura para o Rio, no ano que vem.

Desde já se sabe da sua pretensão em movimentar mais de 80 profissionais brasileiros nesta transmissão, além do intercâmbio que irá existir com as ESPNs de outros países. Há o desejo de se promover a mais perfeita e entrosada interação entre apresentadores e repórteres das suas emissoras em todo o mundo.

Também já foi aprovada a construção de um estúdio com vista para o parque olímpico na Barra da Tijuca e a estreia, já no próximo dia 25, do programa mensal “Segredos do Esporte”, que irá reunir Paulo Calçade, Magic Paula e Fernando Meligeni. É o tiro de partida.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Trilha sonora de “A Regra do Jogo” terá Fafá de Belém

A cantora Fafá de Belém, que completa 40 anos de carreira

A cantora Fafá de Belém, que completa 40 anos de carreira

Nuvem de Lágrimas”, com Fafá de Belém, vai ser um dos temas de “A Regra do Jogo”, substituta de “Babilônia” na Globo.

Já foi feito o pedido para a sua sonorização.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Programa da Xuxa na internet será apresentado por ex-paquita

As redes sociais do novo programa da Xuxa na Record já estão ativas no Facebook, Twitter e Instagram.

O investimento em plataformas digitais será um dos pontos fortes do programa, que terá uma edição exclusiva transmitida pelo site para o público da segunda tela, com apresentação da Bárbara Borges que, como se sabe, já trabalhou como paquita.

“Enquanto a Xuxa estiver ao vivo mostrando as atrações, eu vou contar sobre os bastidores das matérias, conversar com os entrevistados, revelar detalhes curiosos das externas e claro fazer uma ponte da Xuxa com as redes sociais”, explicou a atriz para o UOL.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Acerto de contas entre Inês e Beatriz será no capítulo final de “Babilônia”

Inês (Adriana Esteves) e Beatriz (Glória Pires) nos primeiros capítulos de "Babilônia"

Inês (Adriana Esteves) e Beatriz (Glória Pires) nos primeiros capítulos de “Babilônia”

A equipe de autores de “Babilônia” só vai resolver todas as pendengas referentes a Adriana Esteves e Glória Pires no último capítulo, dia 28 de agosto. Fala-se até que vai valer pela novela.

“No último capítulo haverá um grande confronto entre Inês e Beatriz. O acerto de contas será coerente com a trajetória delas ao longo da novela”, avisa o autor Ricardo Linhares.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Park Geun-hye voices regret over Korea DPR decision to push back standard time

President Park Geun-hye expressed deep regret Monday over North Korea’s recent decision to push back its standard time by 30 minutes.
The North said last week that its clocks will be moved back a half-hour starting on Liberation Day, the 70th anniversary of liberation from Japan’s colonial rule. Liberation Day, which falls on Saturday, is a major holiday in both Koreas.
Currently, the two Koreas use identical standard time, set under Japan’s 1910-45 colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula.
“It is very regrettable for North Korea to announce the change of its standard time without any prior consultations or notifications,” Park said in a regular meeting with her top aides at Cheong Wa Dae, South Korea’s presidential office.
Park warned that the North’s unilateral decision could deepen differences between the two Koreas and it runs counter to efforts for inter-Korean cooperation and a peaceful unification.
Park also urged Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to reaffirm the recognition of history by previous Japanese administrations in his upcoming speech to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II.
“We hope that Japan will show a mature attitude to start anew its relations with neighboring countries,” including South Korea, Park said.
South Korea and Japan are close economic partners and key allies of the United States, though they have long been in conflict over territory and other historical disputes stemming from Japan’s colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula.
Abe’s speech, set to be delivered on Friday, will be closely watched by South Korea, China and other regional powers to see if Abe will reiterate his predecessors’ statements on Japan’s wartime aggression.
Japan controlled much of China in the early part of the 20th century.
Abe’s Cabinet angered South Korea last year with its attempt to “review” the Kono Statement, a move that was widely seen by South Korea as an attempt to undermine the apology’s credibility.
In June, Abe’s special envoy, Fukushiro Nukaga, told Park during his trip to Seoul that Abe has vowed to inherit Japan’s two previous statements of apology — the 1995 Murayama and the 1993 Kono statements.
In 1993, then-Chief Cabinet Secretary Yohei Kono issued a landmark statement recognizing the military’s involvement in establishing and operating “comfort stations,” a euphemism for brothels where hundreds of thousands of Korean and other Asian women were forced into sexual slavery.
Two years later, then-Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama acknowledged and apologized for the suffering his country inflicted on neighboring nations, including Korea, through its aggressions in the early part of the 20th century.
Park also pressed Japan to address the issue of the elderly Korean women who were forced to serve as sex slaves for Japan’s World War II soldiers — one of the knottiest issues.
“We may lose an opportunity forever to resolve the issue unless we address it now,” Park said, noting that time is running out as the number of victims still alive is dwindling.
In 2007, more than 120 South Korean victims were alive, but the number has since dropped to 47, with their average age standing at nearly 90.
Also Monday, Park urged an umbrella labor union to return to the negotiating table on reforming South Korea’s rigid labor market.
The dialogue has been stalled since April, when Federation of Korean Trade Unions walked out of its negotiations with the government and management on labor market reforms.
Park also urged large companies to increase the hiring of young people as part of their social responsibility.
The unemployment rate for people between the ages of 15 and 29 stood at 10.2 percent in June, compared with the overall jobless rate of 3.9 percent in the same period, according to government data. (Yonhap)

 

The Korea Herald

Korea Republic voices regret over Korea DPR rejection of Seoul’s offer

South Korea expressed regret Monday that North Korea has refused to accept Seoul’s offer for inter-Korean talks, which was made to coincide with a rare visit to the North by the widow of former President Kim Dae-jung.
South Korea attempted to send a letter to North Korea proposing the high-level talks on Wednesday, the same day Lee Hee-ho embarked on her four-day trip to North Korea, according to the Unification Ministry. But Pyongyang has not received it, saying there is no order to do so from the leadership.
The ministry said Seoul sought to propose the talks with Pyongyang on the reunion of families separated by the 1950-53 Korean War and other issues of “mutual concern,” in an effort to improve the strained bilateral ties in a landmark year.
“It is regrettable that the North does not have the basic courtesies as it has not even accepted the South’s letter,” Jeong Joon-hee, ministry spokesman, said in a regular press briefing. “The North’s move raises doubts about whether it has the willingness and sincerity toward improving inter-Korean ties.”
Lee, a symbolic figure of inter-Korean reconciliation, returned home Saturday after failing to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, who had invited her to his country.
Experts said the absence of a meeting points to the long-frayed inter-Korean relations and doubts about North Korea’s resolve to improve Seoul-Pyongyang ties.
The South did not ask the 93-year-old to deliver a message to the North on the behalf of the Seoul government, stressing that her trip was made in a private capacity.
The timing of Seoul’s move has spawn speculation that the North’s leader might have shunned a meeting with the former first lady in a show of the North’s anger with the South.
The government claimed that it sought to propose the dialogue with the North ahead of Liberation Day which falls on Aug. 15. This year marks the 70th anniversary of Korea’s liberation from Japan’s 1910-45 colonial rule and the division of the two Koreas.
The ministry said that there is no change of its stance for supporting the need to mend the frayed inter-Korean relations and seeking for dialogue and cooperation for an eventual unification.
“We call on North Korea to accept our offer for talks as soon as possible and to move toward the improvement of the ties,” he added. (Yonhap)

 

The Korea Herald

Korea DPR behind Delimitarized zone landmine blast: Joint Chiefs of Staff

 

North Korean troops had recently crossed the border and deliberately planted the three land mines that inflicted serious injuries on two South Korean soldiers, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said Monday, condemning the provocation and warning of “severe punishment.”

(Yonhap)

On Aug. 4 at around 7:40 a.m., two Army staff sergeants were critically wounded in a mine blast while patrolling the southern part of the heavily fortified demilitarized zone in Paju, Gyeonggi Province. The explosion nearly severed the ankle of 23-year-old Kim and the wider part of both legs of 21-year-old Ha.

Following a two-day joint probe through Aug. 7 with the United Nations Command, the JCS has concluded that steel springs, firing pins and other perceived debris of the detonated devices collected from the scene corroborate with the wooden-boxed mines used by the North Korean military.

“The incident has been found to be a clear provocation in which North Korean soldiers illegally breached the Military Demarcation Line and intentionally emplaced wooden-boxed mines,” said Koo Hong-mo, a senior JCS official in charge of operations, issuing condemnation over what he called a “nasty act that any normal military cannot even think of.”

“Our military gravely urges North Korea to apologize and penalize those responsible. As we have repeated numerous times, we will have North Korea pay the severe price of its provocations.”

The UNC issued a separate statement lambasting Pyongyang’s violation of the armistice agreement, calling for general-officer-level talks with its military.

“The investigation determined that the devices were recently emplaced, and ruled out the possibility that these were legacy landmines which had drifted from their original placements due to rain or shifting soil,” the UNC said.

By Shin Hyon-hee (heeshin@heraldcorp.com)

The Korea Herald