South Korea and Japan have agreed to expand economic and financial cooperation at a finance ministers meeting in Tokyo, the government said Saturday.
The talks between Choi Kyung-hwan and his Japanese counterpart, Taro Aso, mark the resumption of bilateral dialogue that had been suspended since November 2012 and allowed the two neighbors to exchange views on a host of outstanding issues, the finance ministry said.
The trading partners had been holding annual meetings since 2006, but fraying relations triggered by Japan’s move to deny its colonial and wartime atrocities put an end to the talks.
In the joint press release, the two sides said they touched on global and regional economic conditions and other developments affecting the two countries.
“In the talks, Choi and Taro concurred on the need to use the dialogue channel to expand mutual understanding and exchange views on policy measures being taken,” the ministry said.
It said the policymakers said while the financial markets of the two countries remain stable, there is a need to formulate policy measures that mitigate unexpected shocks. It said the two finance ministers were in agreement that sharing information on macro-prudential policy and capital flow management measures would be helpful in managing broad economic plans.
The ministry said the two men shared the view that the global economy is recovering gradually but downside risks exist that pose challenges to both South Korea and Japan.
“The officials said there is a need for close coordination in macroeconomic policies,” it said. “The two officials emphasized the importance of pushing forward reforms critical for sustainable growth and concurred on the need to share policies in regards to rapid population aging, low birthrates, and problems facing small and medium enterprise.”
The ministry said South Korea and Japan can look into the possibility of working together when making inroads into foreign markets, the joint release said.
It then said Choi and Taro reached an agreement on working more closely in the Group of 20 and ASEAN-plus-three, as well as the ongoing talks to forge a free trade agreement among South Korea, Japan and China.
Besides the ministerial talks working-level official from the two ministries held a meeting to review such matters as macroeconomics, fiscal policy, taxation, customs, bonds and international finance.
The ministry, meanwhile, said that in talks held late Friday, Choi said there is a need to separate economics from politics and called for closer ties. He then urged both governments to do more to facilitate private business sector cooperation.
The meeting comes as the two countries mark the 50th anniversary of the formalization of diplomatic ties in 1965 and the first time that a deputy prime minister level official has visited Japan since relations soured.
The next finance ministers meeting will be held in South Korea in 2016. (Yonhap)
The Korea Herald
CLIQUE AQUI para visualizar o ensaio completo
CLIQUE AQUI para visualizar o ensaio completo
Foi feia a briga ontem entre os ministros Joaquim Levy da Fazenda e Nelson Barbosa do Planejamento.
Nelson é protegido da Dilma e foi usado por ela pra agredir Levy.
Acontece que o Levy tinha tido numa entrevista que o corte de orçamento seria entre 70 e 80 bilhões.
Pra tentar desmoralizar Levy a Dilma mandou o Nelson Barbosa falar que o corte seria de 69.9 bilhões.
Tudo porque Levy ao declarar que seria de 70 a 80 não tinha pedido autorização pra Dilma pra falar isto.
Foi uma atitude bem ao modelo Dilminha zangadinha.
Então pra demonstrar sua contrariedade o ministro Levy se recusou a aparecer na entrevista coletiva.
Em telefonema de Nelson Barbosa a Levy só não teve palavrão mas o recado de Levy foi duro pra Nelson e Dilma.
Vamos combinar que ninguém vai conferir se o número vai ser 69,9 ou o que quer que seja.
Porém o grande ato de irresponsabilidade é tirar bilhões de reais da saúde e da segurança.
Se o dinheiro investido atualmente está pouco imagina menos pra tanta coisa.
Tudo isto pela falta de competência de Dilma que foi reeleita misteriosamente pela urna eletrônica venezuelana em apuração secreta comandada por um ministro que foi advogado dos petistas lulistas.
O Brasil está nas mãos desta gente.
Escrito por email@example.com às 02h56
Silvio Santos recusou esta semana 100 milhões de reais pra ser garoto propaganda da Friboi.
Além dos 100 milhões de reais, a Friboi faria mais 20 milhões de reais de anúncios no SBT com Silvio comendo carne e outros 100 milhões entre TV Globo e TV Record tudo com Silvio sendo garoto propaganda.
Em 1959 o mesmo Silvio Santos na TV Paulista ganhava um pequeno salário pra ser garoto propaganda da Crush e fazer comercial ao vivo toda noite no estúdio da emissora.
Escrito por firstname.lastname@example.org às 18h09 no dia 23/05/2015
May 24, 2015 – 12:00AM
Labor Lord Mayoral candidate Rod Harding. Photo: Michelle Smith
Brisbane City Council’s Labor opposition has accused Lord Mayor Graham Quirk and his Liberal National Party administration of covering up the true state of the city’s finances.
And would-be lord mayor Rod Harding has promised to open the books to opposition LNP councillors should he be successful at next year’s council election.
The City Hall opposition was this month refused access to chief financial officer Paul Oberle’s audit report, which was presented to an audit committee meeting of senior bureaucrats in March.
Mr Harding, Labor’s lord mayoral candidate, said Brisbane’s elected councillors were in effect the “directors of the city” and, as such, were entitled access to the city’s financial information.
“This lack of accountability would not be tolerated in the private sector and residents should demand it not be tolerated in council either,” he said.
Fairfax Media has seen emails between Labor councillor Shayne Sutton, a member of the council’s finance committee, and an unnamed “operations manager” that show her unsuccessful attempts to get access to the CFO’s report.
The report was presented to the council’s audit committee on March 12 but Cr Sutton told Fairfax Media she only became aware the report existed when the minutes of that meeting came to the council on May 5.
“It is my understanding that in my role as councillor and member of the Finance Committee, I am entitled to review this record,” Cr Sutton said in her email dated May 7.
The council’s information management division did not agree.
“The information sought does not directly relate to the ward represented by you,” the operations manager wrote back four days later.
“You have no entitlement to information as a result of your membership of the finance committee.
“You are only entitled to see the information brought to that committee.”
Mr Harding said it was a “simple request” that should have been approved and the decision showed opposition councillors were being treated with “disdain”.
“That doesn’t stack up, it’s not right and this, to me, is endemic of a council that’s been in for 12 years, been in for too long, they’ve got a born-to-rule attitude,” he said.
“This is effectively a director of Brisbane City Council who’s asked for a financial report and it’s just been denied for no valid reason.”
In response to Labor’s complaint, a spokesman for Cr Quirk said the audit committee minutes went to a full council meeting each month.
“This has only occurred under the LNP administration,” he said.
“The chief financial officer’s report is an integral part of the budget process.
“Brisbane’s credit rating is strong with a neutral outlook, one of the highest in Queensland.”
Mr Harding said as lord mayor he would provide all councillors, no matter their political persuasion, with all monthly financial audit reports “whether they are good, bad or indifferent”.
“If the shadow finance spokesperson who’s on the finance committee asks for a financial report, if the report exists we would certainly make it available, absolutely without question,” he said.
The Brisbane Times