Números de ontem do TV TOTAL

Isabel Vilela_Juliana Silveira

País Visualizações
Sinal BrasilBrasil 570
Sinal Estados UnidosEstados Unidos 88
Sinal PortugalPortugal 7
Sinal FranceFrance 6
Sinal ItalyItaly 2
Sinal PolandPoland 2
Sinal AustráliaAustrália 2
Sinal Arábia SauditaArábia Saudita 1
Sinal New ZealandNew Zealand 1
Sinal FilipinasFilipinas 1
Sinal United KingdomUnited Kingdom 1
Sinal ArgentinaArgentina 1

Chinese investment in New Zealand housing tipped to rise

5:00 AM Friday Oct 17, 2014

NZ house market will see more money once rules eased: economist
A BNZ-REINZ survey of real estate agents last year found residential property sales to foreigners accounted for 8 to 9 per cent of total sales. Photo / Peter Meecham
A BNZ-REINZ survey of real estate agents last year found residential property sales to foreigners accounted for 8 to 9 per cent of total sales. Photo / Peter Meecham

 

China’s plans to ease the restrictions its citizens face when investing overseas will result in increased Chinese capital flowing into New Zealand’s property market and contribute to rising house prices, says an economist.

The world’s second-biggest economy still has a relatively closed financial system, with strict capital controls meaning the sprawling nation – which accounted for 10 per cent of global gross domestic product in 2011 – has a less than 3 per cent share of global holdings of assets and liabilities, according to a Bank of England report.

The People’s Bank of China, which wants to promote international use of the yuan currency, last week outlined a plan that will allow Chinese nationals to invest in overseas property and stocks through a Qualified Domestic Retail Investor Scheme.

No timing was provided for the scheme’s launch, nor any indication given of its size, Bloomberg reported.

But ANZ’s chief China economist, Li Gang Liu, told the Business Herald it was likely to be gradually phased in from later this year and ramped up during 2015.

Hong Kong-based Li Gang said the Chinese Government had been pushing its state-owned enterprises to go out into the world through investments and wanted to encourage its citizens to do the same.

“The overall trend has been that China would like to encourage more capital outflow,” he said.

Li Gang said New Zealand was a favoured destination for mainland China-based investors due to the large Chinese resident population here and strong trade ties between the two countries.

Investment flows into this country, particularly into property, would increase as capital controls were eased, he said.

Li Gang said the effect those flows would have on property markets in cities like Auckland, Sydney and London were likely to become a “very hot topic”.

China’s private wealth reached US$22 trillion last year and will grow to US$40 trillion by 2018, according to Boston Consulting Group.

Chinese nationals are officially restricted to the equivalent of US$50,000 a year in foreign exchange, although loopholes sometimes used to get around the law include splitting up large sums of cash into tranches and using friends and family to transfer it abroad.

Market commentator Arthur Lim, who has been involved with property investors from mainland China, said they found the prospect of buying freehold property in countries like New Zealand – an opportunity not available in their homeland – very attractive.

“The thinking is that they can pass it on to their children and grandchildren, which is a very important consideration to them,” Lim said.

The Bank of England report said liberalisation of Chinese capital controls could result in China’s gross international investment position increasing from 5 per cent of world GDP to 30 per cent by 2025.

The impact of Chinese investment on New Zealand house prices, especially in Auckland, has been a hotly debated topic. There is no official register of residential property sales to foreigners, but a BNZ-REINZ survey of real estate agents last year found they accounted for 8 to 9 per cent of total sales. Australians accounted for 22 per cent of all sales to foreigners, followed by Chinese (20 per cent) and British (13 per cent).

Li Gang said the New Zealand Government would need to introduce suitable “policy responses” to address a potential increase in Chinese investment in this country’s property market.

“Chinese money should not [be allowed to] negatively affect local residents’ socio-economic welfare.”

However, Housing Minister Nick Smith said Chinese investment in New Zealand was not significant and was not having a large impact on property values.

Source : The New Zealand Herald

“In short, I’m not overly concerned,” Smith said. Smith said Li Gang’s views diverged from those of some local economists who believed foreign investment was not significantly affecting property prices.

 

Aussie dollar rebounds after weak US data

October 16, 2014 – 2:20PM

Scott Parker

The Australian dollar has surged through US88¢ overnight after the greenback experienced “a capitulation” across the board on the back of weak economic data, more uncertainty around US interest rates and growing Ebola fears.

The dollar jumped as much as 1.7 per cent to an overnight high of US88.59¢, before losing some of its gains to fetch around US88¢ in local morning trade on Thursday.

Nomura’s head of global markets Australia, Jon Linton, said the sell-off was sparked by a number of factors which ended up being “the straw that broke the camel’s back”. They included worries about an impending US Federal Reserve rate rise, the actual traction of the US economy, global growth concerns and Ebola panic.

“The US dollar has weakened across the board against just about everything on the back of quite extraordinary volatility last night,” Mr Linton said

“At one point I think we saw the largest move in bond yields certainly since 2008.”

Mr Linton said weaker US producer prices and retail sales data contributed to the capitulation but said no area was safe, with equities, currency and bonds all being heavily sold off in the US market.

“It was really a US story, it was a story of disappointment of performance in the US economy, rather than anything to do specifically with Australia,” Mr Linton said.

Source : The Sydney Morning Herald

Mais de 90% dos partos são cesáreos no Ceará

16.10.2014

A média está acima da nacional, de 84%. Para reduzir os índices,Agência Nacional de Saúde Complementar  coloca para consulta pública duas resoluções

565dc-ceara

Seja por comodidade do médico, que pode marcar a data do parto em sua agenda conforme lhe convém, sem ter o “infortúnio” de passar horas acompanhando um trabalho de parto, seja por medo da mulher de sentir dor, o que deveria ser exceção se tornou regra. Prova disso é que, no Ceará, mais de 90% dos procedimentos realizados na rede privada são cirúrgicos. Média acima da nacional, de 84%.

Dessa forma, o procedimento, que vem sendo realizado de forma indiscriminada, deixou de ser um momento da mulher para ter o médico como protagonista. Com o objetivo de reduzir o número de cesarianas, a Agência Nacional de Saúde Complementar (ANS) colocou, ontem, duas resoluções para consulta pública. Uma das medidas visa permitir que as mulheres, grávidas ou planejando engravidar, recebam dos planos as estatísticas dos médicos obstetras com o número de partos normais e de cesáreas realizadas. Também passará a ser obrigatório o preenchimento do partograma – documento em que são colocadas, a cada hora, as informações sobre o avanço do trabalho de parto.

Conscientização

Para Mariano Freitas, presidente do Comitê Estadual de Prevenção da Mortalidade Materna Infantil e Fetal, da Secretaria da Saúde do Estado (Sesa), só a criação de regras não irá resolver o problema, porque elas são fáceis de serem burladas. O gestor defende que é preciso conscientizar as mulheres. “Isso se resolve com a autonomia das mulheres e com o desejo delas de terem um parto normal, que é exatamente aquilo que a natureza planejou para o ser humano”, destaca. Ele lembra que a cesariana surgiu na medicina como um ato heroico para salvar a vida da mãe ou o seu filho nas indicações médicas e obstétricas e que só 15% das gestações recomendam a cesárea abdominal para realizar o ciclo da gravidez.

Freitas defende que a pressão que os médicos devem receber para o cumprimento da ética profissional no trato com a cesariana tem de partir das entidades médicas, principalmente dos conselhos federal e regionais de Medicina que, segundo afirma, estão completamente omissos neste momento em relação ao assunto. “A cesariana programada, sem indicação médica, é um ato anti-ético, porque põe em risco a vida da paciente e a saúde do bebê. A cesárea é uma conquista da ciência e deve ser usada com indicações médicas e obstétricas absolutas e elas ocorrem em apenas 15% das gestações que acontecem no mundo”, diz.

O presidente do Comitê afirma que, no Ceará, a mulher que pretende ter parto normal tem de recorrer a um hospital público, pois os privados não contam mais com centros obstétricos, têm apenas centros cirúrgicos. “É uma epidemia de cesarianas e de prematuros. São meninos e meninas que nascem antes da hora, porque as cesáreas são programadas”, aponta.

O obstetra Helvécio Feitosa, presidente em exercício do Conselho Regional de Medicina do Estado do Ceará (Cremec), explica que a cesariana eletiva ocorre por solicitação da paciente, por indicação médica ou por ter se transformado em um aspecto cultural da população brasileira. Ele observa que grande parte das maternidades privadas, diferentes das públicas, não dispõem de condições adequadas para o parto normal. Algumas, por exemplo, não contam com cardiotocografia – que serve para avaliar o bem estar fetal durante o trabalho de parto.

“O médico se sente muito mais inseguro em um parto normal do que em uma cesariana, principalmente sobre como o bebê vai nascer, se ele vai estar bem ou não, justamente porque ele não tem condições de avaliar adequadamente as condições de bem-estar do bebê durante o parto normal, em particular nas maternidades privadas, por falta de recursos tecnológicos”, frisa.

Análise

As novas normas e os demais documentos necessários para detalhamento da consulta pública estarão disponíveis para análise dos interessados. O envio das contribuições ocorrerá de 24 de outubro a 23 de novembro e deverá ser feito exclusivamente em formulário disponível no portal da ANS. A expectativa é que elas entrem em vigor em dezembro.

De acordo com a Sesa, foram realizados, no ano passado, na rede pública, 126.515 partos, sendo 55,5% cesáreos, o que representa aumento de 6,6% em relação a 2010, quando 48,9% dos procedimentos feitos foram cirúrgicos. Os partos normais, em 2013, representam 44,1%.

Fique por dentro

Cesariana sem indicação gera riscos ao bebê

A cesariana, quando não tem indicação médica, ocasiona riscos desnecessários à saúde da mulher e do bebê: aumenta em 120 vezes a probabilidade de problemas respiratórios para o recém-nascido e triplica o risco de morte da mãe.

Cerca de 25% dos óbitos neonatais e 16% dos óbitos infantis no Brasil estão relacionados à prematuridade. O percentual de partos cesáreos chega a 84% na saúde suplementar.

Luana Lima
Repórter

 

Diário do Nordeste – Cidade – 16/10/2014

Australian Capital Territory refuses to follow Northern Territory on public child sex offender website

October 16, 2014 – 11:45PM

Christopher Knaus

Reporter for The Canberra Times.

5f0ef-australia_physical_map

The ACT has ruled out following the Northern Territory’s push to publish the name, image, and rough whereabouts of convicted sex offenders online.

The Northern Territory on Wednesday signalled its intention to introduce “Daniel’s law”, named in the memory of murdered Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe.

The laws, which are still to be finalised, are expected to see details of convicted child sex offenders living in the NT published on a website accessible to the public.

NT Attorney-General John Elferink said the scheme favoured the protection of the public over the rights of rapists and child molesters.

It was launched with the support of Daniel Morcombe’s parents, Bruce and Denise, who were in Darwin alongside Mr Elferink for the announcement.

The proposal appears to have won support from some within federal government, with Coalition MP George Christensen urging Prime Minister Tony Abbott to follow the NT’s lead and create a national register.

But ACT Attorney-General Simon Corbell on Thursday reaffirmed his opposition to the creation of a register.

A spokesman for Mr Corbell said the ACT already had strong child sex offender legislation, which allowed information sharing between the police chief, government agencies – both ACT and Commonwealth – and the courts.

“The ACT will not introduce a public sex offender register similar to the one announced by the Northern Territory,” the spokesman said.

Such schemes are criticised for their tendency to encourage vigilantism, their ineffectiveness and their hampering of efforts to rehabilitate offenders.

The NT’s laws are based on Megan’s Law, adopted in some parts of the United States.

But the US laws, which typically give more precise locations than the NT appears to be proposing, have been marred by horror stories of vigilante justice in the past.

A public register was implicated in the random murder of American sex offender, William Elliott.

He was killed after being labelled a child sex offender for having sex with his girlfriend, who was almost 16, when he was aged 19.

Similarly in the ACT, teenagers in consensual sexual relationships with girls under the age of 16 have been placed on the child sex offender register, despite posing little ongoing risk to the community.

The Australian Institute of Criminology has cited reviews of similar laws that found them to be weak and potentially dangerous.

The reviews also found they could create a false sense of fear and security among parents.

Mr Corbell’s spokesman said the AIC’s report also showed there was little evidence such a register actually prevented assaults on children by strangers.

“The report also noted that vigilantism in relation to these laws is likely under-recorded and under-reported.”

Earlier this year, child protection group Bravehearts pushed for the introduction of a public register in the ACT.

Bravehearts acknowledged the flaws with such schemes, saying they were the least best option.

But the group said that parents should be given limited information to help protect their children.

Source : The Canberra Times

Domestic spy agency Australian Security Intelligence Organisation accidentally spies on itself

October 16, 2014 – 11:10PM

ASIO accidentally spied on itself.

ASIO accidentally spied on itself. Photo: Jessica Hromas

How to spook a spy: spy on your own spooks.

Spying on their own is exactly what Australia’s domestic spy agency did.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation accidentally intercepted calls made by one of its own regional offices.

The interception was a breach of the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act, which allows ASIO to use listening devices and computer access.

The breach, which was revealed in the agency’s annual report, was self-reported by ASIO staff and blamed on a technical glitch.

ASIO deleted the intercepted information and says processes have been put in place to prevent the error occurring again.

AAP

 

Source : Te Canberra Times