Qantas axes Airbus A380s from Sydney-Hong Kong

Qantas axes Airbus A380s from Sydney-Hong Kong

Qantas has confirmed that its flagship Airbus A380s are being withdrawn from the Sydney-Hong Kong route as of September 29 this year.

The daily QF127/128 service will be flown by an older Boeing 747-400 instead, with the A380 being used to launch Qantas’ new superjumbo service between Sydney and Dallas.

However, a Qantas spokesperson told Australian Business Traveller that the Airbus 380 would return to the Sydney-Hong Kong route “from 11 December 2014 to 26 January 2015 to accommodate the seasonal demand.”

This seasonal superjumbo service will not see a reduction in any other A380 flights, the spokesperson said.

“Between flight patterning and no A380s in maintenance at this time we are able to facilitate the A380 Hong Kong schedule.”

As previously reported, Qantas won’t operate first class on the A380 flights to Hong Kong, opting instead to treat the superjumbo’s 12 first class suites as a primo business class cabin reserved for top-tier frequent flyers.

Previous | Qantas will no longer offer first class tickets on its Sydney-Hong Kong flights from later this year as the airline shuffles its Airbus A380 and Boeing 747 fleet to cater for its new superjumbo service between Sydney and Dallas.

Qantas currently flies its flagship A380 between Sydney and Hong Kong five days a week, from Thursday to Monday, with the Boeing 747 rostered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with first class cabins available on both those aircraft.

However, from September 29 – the same day that the A380 makes its Dallas debut – Qantas has withdrawn the sale of first class seats to and from Hong Kong.

“We’re currently finalising the mix of A380s and B747s flying between Sydney and Hong Kong in order to facilitate the upgrade to Dallas services” a Qantas spokesperson confirmed to Australian Business Traveller.

The changes will also see Qantas replace the older Boeing 747 currently used for Hong Kong flights with one of its reconfigured versions with the dedicated first class cabin in the jumbo’s nose replaced by more of the Skybed II lie-flat business class seats, “meaning no First Class cabin” the spokesperson explained.

 

A380 flights factored on “seasonal demand”

Qantas has not revealed the fate of its flagship Airbus A380 on the Hong Kong route, but has promised “more detail on this in the next few weeks.”

“As well as aircraft availability and patterning, the other factor we’re looking at in determining this mix is seasonal demand. Given the capacity difference, the A380 would make more sense at peak times.

However, even when the Airbus A380 does fly between Sydney and Hong Kong, Qantas passengers won’t be able to buy tickets for first class travel.

With the first class-free Boeing 747 being “the aircraft we’ll be using most of the time on this route, we won’t be offering First Class on the A380 when it does on operate to Hong Kong” the Qantas spokesperson told Australian Business Traveller.

Instead, top-tier frequent flyers booked into business class will find themselves ensconced in the superjumbo’s luxe first class cabin.

They’ll still receive business class meals and service, but will enjoy them from the comfy confines of 14 first class suites. 

“Seats in the First cabin will be allocated to our most Frequent Flyers travelling in Business” the Qantas spokesperson said, “We already do this on our non-reconfigured B747s, which have a First cabin.”

Qantas’ sole competitor on the Sydney-Hong Kong route is Oneworld partner Cathay Pacific with four daily flights between the cities, although none of these offer first class.

Virgin Atlantic axed its Sydney-Hong Kong service earlier this month, with the Richard Branson-backed airline describing the route as “no longer considered profitable” due to “increasing costs and a challenging economic environment.”

 

Source : Australian Business Traveller

Fox Sports contrata mais uma jornalista para a Copa do Mundo

Fox Sports contrata mais uma jornalista para a Copa do Mundo

 

Investindo bastante na cobertura da Copa do Mundo, sua primeira no Brasil, o Fox Sports anunciou mais uma contratação para reforçar seu casting.

Em comunicado divulgado pela assessoria de imprensa, a emissora fechou com Delisiée Marinho, que é atriz e jornalista.

Ela já atuou na área na RPC TV, afiliada da Globo no Paraná, onde foi repórter esportiva, emplacando várias matérias no “Jornal Nacional”, da Rede Globo. Nos últimos anos, ela se dedicou à carreira de atriz, chegando a ter um affair com o já falecido diretor Marcos Paulo, em 2005.

Delisiée vai apresentar, junto com o ex-jogador Paulo Roberto Falcão, um programa no Fox Sports.

O canal tem comemorado os seus mais recentes números: segundo dados divulgados pelo Ibope, no mês de abril o Fox Sports foi a emissora que mais subiu no ranking da TV por assinatura do Brasil. De março para abril deste ano, saiu de vigésimo nono para décimo sexto no ranking, entrando na lista dos vinte canais mais vistos da TV paga, evoluindo treze posições.

Além do Fox Sports, a Globo e a Band na TV aberta, e ESPN Brasil, SporTV e Band Sports na TV fechada, farão as transmissões dos jogos da Copa do Mundo.

NaTelinha

Em Brasília/DF, Ceará é homenageado pelo seu Centenário

A sessão solene teve início por volta das 10 horas, no plenário

Tom Barros transcreve em sua coluna comentário de Magno Alves feito no Debate Bola do último domingo

Magno Alves de Araújo

 

“Eu falo por mim. Seria muito interessante o retorno do Mota. Tivemos momentos muito bons. Quando um pegava na bola, o outro já sabia o que teria de fazer”.
Magno Alves
Atacante do Ceará (no Debate Bola)

 

Tom Barros – Jogada – Diário do Nordeste – 27.05.2014

Tom Barros comenta Real Madrid 4 x 1 Atlético de Madrid

Champion Ligue

O Atlético de Madrid recuou demais e aceitou a pressão do Real, até sofrer o gol de empate já nos acréscimos. Mas não vi motivo para o árbitro ter dado os cinco minutos a mais. Não houve paralisações para justificar tal exagero. Minha conclusão: os times maiores sempre contam com simpatias e favores da arbitragem. É no mundo todo…

 

Tom Barros – Jogada – Diário do Nordeste – 27.05.2014

Tom Barros lamenta a não realização do campeonato cearense sub-13 neste ano

 

Apelo

O técnico Jorge Veras, bicampeão cearense sub-20 2014 pelo Fortaleza, está preocupado: o Campeonato Cearense sub-13, pode não ser realizado (Jorge também prepara time sub-13). A FCF não teria verba. “Será um duro golpe na formação de valores. Todos os times já montaram suas formações sub-13”, diz. Com a palavra Mauro Carmélio.

 

Tom Barros – Jogada – Diário do Nordeste – 27.05.2014