A apresentadora, irritada, ameaçou demitir um dos funcionários.
Nesta quinta-feira, 22, durante a exibição do Mais Você, Ana Maria Braga ficou irritada ao ser trancada dentro do estúdio por sua produção. Ela tentava sair ao vivo do estúdio de vidro do programa para experimentar uma engenhoca do lado de fora quando foi surpreendida com todas as portas trancadas.
A apresentadora chegou a dar risada, disse que era uma brincadeira, mas, depois, avisou que iria demitir um dos funcionários que insistia em impedir a sua passagem. Um rapaz então abriu a porta e a apresentadora pode sair.
A Globo, via assessoria, afirma que foi uma brincadeira combinada.
May 25, 2014 – 11:43AM
Honoured: Tim Cahill will skipper the Socceroos for the first time. Photo: Getty Images
Tim Cahill will captain the Socceroos for the first time in Monday’s pre-World Cup friendly international against South Africa in Sydney.
Coach Ange Postecoglou has chosen not to risk captain Mile Jedinak against South Africa after the influential midfielder suffered a groin strain in the last round of the English Premier League earlier this month.
“Tim’s leadership and the way he conducts himself in the group as a senior player has been impressive and with Mile not able to play against South Africa Tim will captain the side,” Postecoglou said.
Cahill, a veteran of 67 internationals, said leading the Socceroos out at ANZ Stadium would be the proudest day of his soccer career.
“It’s an honour to put on the green and gold shirt and play for the Socceroos but to lead the team out will be amazing,” he said.
“I’ve always said you don’t have to have an armband to be a leader but captaining my country in the sport that has given me everything in life is going to be an amazing experience and I look forward to the responsibility Ange has given me while Mile is out injured.”
Source : The Sydney Morning Herald
May 22, 2014
The balance of Canberra’s economy is tipped to swing towards the private sector as consultants position themselves to pounce on government opportunities from a tough budget.
Canberra Business Council chief executive Chris Faulks expected public cuts would lead to the private sector providing 60 per cent of the city’s jobs, with opportunities for organised enterprises of all sizes.
“This time around there’s going to be even more opportunities for big players, potentially whole programs will need to be done, whereas in past [from 1996] it was just consulting back in,” Ms Faulks said.
She pointed to strong growth in the past six months for registrations for the council’s educational BusinessPoint program, with exiting public servants now making up 28 per cent of attendees.
An ACT government report published before last year’s election said the private sector employed 120,000 people from the labour force of 220,000, or 54.5 per cent.
Canberra Consulting chief executive Jason Pepper said there had been an immediate response to the budget from his exclusively federal government clientele.
“We’ve already spoken to lots of clients, a lot of clients are engaging with doing more with less,” Mr Pepper said.
The company, which has about 100 employees, noticed a rise in requests for quotations from May 14 – the day after the budget – and Mr Pepper anticipated a profitable period.
“I’d see the work to merge the back-office functions – the Commission of Audit work – will be about two years’ worth,” he said.
“Backroom” functions will be rationalised throughout the public service, including at seven of the capital’s cultural institutions.
PwC Canberra managing partner Jeremy Thorpe said it was a challenging time for many in the city, but opportunities existed for those who could be innovative and agile, regardless of business size.
“If we’re talking about innovation in customer service delivery, that’s where there’s opportunity,” Mr Thorpe said.
The pie for professional services to government is an increasingly large one – federal spending on outsourced managers and business advisors as well as administrative and human resource services grew by more than $6 billion, or 70 per cent, in the past year – creating plenty of work for the established corporate players.
But Mr Pepper agreed with Mr Thorpe that stories from the early Howard government years of public servants being fired one week and returning to do the same job on a higher, private-contract wage the next are less likely to be repeated.
“They’re not targeting front-line services – which would be where you leave as a public servant and come back as a private contractor,” Mr Pepper said.
The Coalition has announced the cutting of 16,500 public servants’ jobs in three years, about half the national 30,000 head count reduction that occurred in the equivalent Howard years. But with the nation’s next surplus not forecast until what would be Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s sixth year in office, the government would appear to have more motivation than did Mr Howard to keep spending – and perhaps Canberra-based consulting costs – to a minimum.
Source : The Sydney Morning Herald
Até os 48 minutos do segundo tempo, a décima taça da UEFA Champions League estava escapando do Real Madrid. Após um gol de cabeça de Diego Godin no primeiro tempo, o Atlético de Madri fechou-se atrás e defendeu bravamente a meta de Thibaut Courtois. Só que um lance mudou tudo. Nos descontos, Sergio Ramos encontrou espaço para executar uma cabeçada certeira e mandar o jogo para a prorrogação. No fim, com os Colchoneros esgotados de corpo e alma, o Real deslanchou, marcando mais três gols com Gareth Bale, Marcelo e Cristiano Ronaldo. Por 4 a 1, o clube merengue levou para casa La Décima e conquistou o direito de disputar a Copa do Mundo de Clubes da FIFA Marrocos 2014.
O drama que marcou o fim da partida já esteve presente nos instantes iniciais. Dúvida durante toda a semana, o lesionado Diego Costa estava entre os 11 do Atlético. Logo que a bola rolou, porém, o atacante viu que não tinha condições de jogo. Aos nove minutos, deixou o gramado para dar lugar a Adrián e só pôde torcer do banco de reservas. A primeira metade do jogo foi nervosa, com muita marcação e poucas chances de gol. O Real chegou bem primeiro, em uma arrancada deAngel Di Maria, que foi derrubado perto da área. Cristiano Ronaldo cobrou, e Thibaut Courtoisdefendeu sem soltar a bola. A melhor oportunidade dos merengues veio pouco depois, aos 32, quando Tiago Mendes errou um passe, e Gareth Bale arrancou no contra-ataque. O galês, com espaço, entrou na área e, na marca do pênalti, chutou para fora. A falha custou caro. Quatro minutos depois, em cruzamento da direita, a bola sobrou na área do Real, e Diego Godín cabeceou por cima de Iker Casillas, abrindo o placar. O Atlético também levou perigo aos 40, em lance parecido, mas Adrián cabeceou forte, sobre o travessão rival. A etapa complementar foi inteira do Real Madrid, que buscou o empate incessantemente. Primeiro, em arrancadas com Di María e Bale. O galês teve outras duas ótimas chances, mas falhou na pontaria em ambas vezes. Sem achar espaço pelo chão, o Real tentou pelo ar. Em uma rara chance, Ronaldo tentou de voleio sem sucesso. Enquanto isso, a defesa do Atlético cortava bola atrás de bola. No fim, entretanto, o esforço merengue foi recompensado. No último de uma sequência de escanteios, Sergio Ramos achou espaço, cabeceou no canto aos 48 e selou o empate. Nunca, na história da competição, um gol havia sido anotado tão tarde no tempo regulamentar. Com o gol, a Liga dos Campeões viu uma final com prorrogação pela 16ª vez. Depois de 15 minutos sem chances claras de gol, o Real Madrid voltou a agredir com uma arrancada de Di María. O argentino disparou pela esquerda, saiu na cara de Courtois e disparou. O goleiro desviou a bola, mas Bale pegou a sobra de cabeça e não perdoou: 2 a 1. O gol foi um duro baque para osColchoneros, fisicamente esgotados. O Atlético não resistiu mais e, antes do apito final, ainda viu o brasileiro Marcelo marcar o terceiro e o português Cristiano Ronaldo, de pênalti, o quarto. La Décima, enfim, é do Real Madrid.
As marcas da final Ao marcar o primeiro gol do jogo, Godín, que também marcou o tento que deu o Atlético o título do Campeonato Espanhol, tornou-se o primeiro uruguaio a balançar as redes em uma final de Liga dos Campeões. Bale, que fez o gol da virada, conseguiu marca semelhante para País de Gales. Para o português Cristiano Ronaldo, entretanto, a cobrança de pênalti significou a ampliação de um recorde: 17 gols em uma edição da UEFA Champions League. O atacante português estendeu outro recorde: agora são 34 gols em partidas de mata-mata na mais importante competição europeia.
May 24, 2014 – 11:35PM
Late on Wednesday night, eight cars full of asylum seekers slipped quietly out of the hillside town of Cisarua and headed for the coast.
They carried 50 desperate men and women who were intending to board a waiting boat and set off into the night.
This movement was reminiscent of hundreds of other people-smuggling ventures in recent years. But in one critical respect it was different and immeasurably more dangerous.
“Crazy for money”: Murtaza Khan. Photo: Facebook
These people — Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Afghans — were not intending to travel the 440 kilometres to Christmas Island. They faced instead an 8000 kilometre journey across one of the world’s most treacherous oceans, final destination: New Zealand.
The trip was thwarted. The cars were intercepted by Indonesian police, whom the smugglers believed they had paid off, and the passengers sent back to Cisarua where they are now waiting for another chance.
A joint Fairfax Media and New Zealand’s Sunday Star-Times investigation has laid bare the desperation and lies behind the New Zealand option, the latest twist in the asylum-seeker story, and the potential disaster that awaits any who attempt the journey.
One of the boats Khan uses. Photo: Supplied
“No one’s ever got to New Zealand [by leaky boat] in modern times,” New Zealand ambassador to Indonesia, David Taylor, says.
“You’ve got reefs one side [Australia’s eastern coast] and the Indian ocean the other side [to the west]. They are long distances, the seas there are very fickle … so it’s a pipe dream”.
And yet a number of sources in Cisarua and elsewhere have confirmed that Murtaza Khan, a Pakistani travel agent, and three other smugglers, Khawaja Nisar, Tarik Ayub and a man called Abbas, have marketed this boat as safe. They also say it’s the first of many.
Sources said as the passengers waited for weeks before embarkation day in a villa in Cisarua, playing cards and making flat bread, they were told repeatedly that the boat was safe. They were shown pictures and videos of the alleged vessel, its two large engines and provisions — images obtained exclusively by Fairfax Media.
Murtaza described the boat as metal-hulled, 32m long and 7m high, and said it would sail as far as West Papua (the Indonesian half of New Guinea), with a second, smaller boat, also pictured, travelling behind as back up.
He said they would sail close to the Indonesian coast, not within international waters, for fear the Australian navy would catch them and return them to Indonesia.
(Asked if Australia was legally able to intercept and turn back a boat whose destination was New Zealand, a spokesman for Immigration Minister Scott Morrison said he would not comment about on-water activities.)
Once the boat had stopped and reprovisioned in West Papua, the second boat would return to Java and the first one sail alone the rest of the way to the ultimate destination, Kaitaia, in New Zealand’s north-west. An alternative landing place, if the boat was in trouble, they said, was the rugged and uninhabited Three Kings Islands, which belong to New Zealand.
“It will be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 12 days on the ocean,” Murtaza has told passengers — an absurdly optimistic assessment.
The price per passenger — $US500 up front and a full payment of between $US5000 for the Afghans and Bangladeshis and $US7000 for the Indians — is cheap, barely more than the trip to Australia once cost. The idea at this stage is not to make a big profit; it’s to prove it can be done and open a new way out of Indonesia so that more passengers follow.
“You can be sure if one boat gets to New Zealand, the price will increase,” one people smuggler’s agent has told passengers.
New Zealand, he said, “wants people to come”.
“They are looking forward to seeing asylum seekers. They need them because the population is very small.”
They say that asylum seekers can settle quickly there, after which getting permission to cross the Tasman to Australia is a formality.
Ambassador Taylor says most of these statements are false. There has never been a “mass arrival” in New Zealand (defined as more than 30 people), but Indonesia recently passed laws to deal with them. Taylor says his country may not even be their ultimate aim.
“They know they can’t [get there] and [perhaps] they’re hoping to get to a certain point and then duck in to Australia”.
Murtaza has form for lying. A boat he arranged in September last year was billed to passengers as having “dinner and rooms,” but it was tiny and open to the elements, and promptly sank off the coast of Java forcing its 44 occupants to call Australia for help.
“Murtaza is crazy for money,” says one asylum seeker in Indonesia. “He is making crazy promises because Australia is blocked. If they go to New Zealand, maybe all of them will die.”
But the fact that 50 passengers are impatient to make the journey is an expression of their desperation.
More than 10,000 asylum seekers and refugees are waiting in Indonesia and 100 more arrive every week. Tony Abbott’s and Scott Morrison’s success at turning back the boats has stoppered them in a place where they cannot work or get their children educated, and where it may take three years or more to be resettled through the so-called “front door”.
Fairfax Media has learnt that among those on board are some who have already faced Australia’s hard-edged response.
At least one passenger was aboard the first orange lifeboat sent under Operation Sovereign Borders in January. [[LINK:http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/asylum-seekers-say-they-were-tricked-by-navy-20140116-30xtz.html]]
Two others tried in March [[LINK: http://www.smh.com.au/world/people-smugglers-in-indonesia-selling-spots-on-boat-to-new-zealand-20140410-zqt3l.html]] to get to New Zealand with a different venture but were arrested instead in West Papua. They escaped, made their way back to Cisarua, and are trying again.
Others have run out of money and cannot afford to stay in Indonesia, or have paid all their money in the past to people smugglers for aborted or sunk ships and have been told they only have one choice — to travel.
An earlier attempt to reach New Zealand was aborted in March and another in early April involved smuggler Abu Ali amassing 23 people in West Sumatra on the premise that they could sail even further — 10,000km — around Australia’s southern coast to New Zealand. It was cancelled because not enough passengers were willing to try.
Other smugglers have even tried to sell tickets to the relatively closer Norfolk Island, claiming wrongly that is part of New Zealand — it is in fact an external territory of Australia and its immigration regime is also very unaccepting.
Source : The Sydney Morning Herald