O jornalista chega atrasado, e é impedido de apresentar programa.
Na manhã desta sexta-feira, 30/05, o jornalista Rogério Forcolen, que atualmente apresenta a edição do Balanço Geral RJ Manhã, chegou atrasado nos estúdios da Rede Record no Rio de Janeiro.
Forcolen tentou apresentar o programa, que já estava há oito minutos no ar, mas foi impedido pelo diretor de jornalismo, Givanildo Menezes. A emissora já tinha escalado o repórter Rael Policarpo para assumir – interinamente – o lugar do apresentador.
Na Record desde janeiro do ano passado, Forcolen já discutiu com editor do telejornal. Foi punido e “rebaixado” duas vezes. Ele estreou na emissora como apresentador local do Cidade Alerta; depois passou pelo Balanço Geral do meio-dia; e atualmente a sua rotina é acordar às 4h para apresentar o Balanço Geral das 6h30.
CLIQUE AQUI para visualizar o ensaio completo
May 30, 2014
A Queensland man has been ordered to pay nearly $360,000 total compensation to three people who were badly burnt when a bonfire exploded during a birthday party.
The three young women suffered severe burns and ongoing psychological trauma after the incident, which occurred on Vito Sebastian Morello’s property near Stanthorpe on April 25, 2009.
The Queensland District Court heard that a 20th birthday party had been organised at Morello’s Kyoomba property when he instructed guests to sit near a bonfire.
Morello had earlier prepared the bonfire using stacks of timber, paint drums and 44-gallon drums. According to court documents, Morello filled bottles with fuel, which were allegedly thrown onto the bonfire by another person.
It caused an explosion and guests Monique Heeremans, Kyrie Sweeney and Lisa Cosmo suffered serious burns to their limbs.
The trio, who were aged between 18 and 20, needed to be hospitalised in a Brisbane burns unit, and Ms Heeremans and Ms Sweeney’s injuries were so bad that they needed to be inpatients for a month.
Doctors said the women required numerous skin grafts and suffered psychological problems after the explosion.
Four others were also injured, including one person who was in a coma for several days with burns to more than half his body.
Two cans of paint thinner were reportedly thrown onto the flames, causing a huge fireball to engulf everything nearby. The 50-person event descended into chaos as panicked party-goers tried to rescue their friends.
“It would have been 10 or 15 metres high, it was like a red cloud, a red glow, it wasn’t flames, it was like little particles. We felt a bit of air push past us, and then it was just so still,” a witness told The Warwick Daily News in 2009.
“No one knew what to do about burns like these. One boy was just asking me to get him out of there so we got him to the car and raced him in to the hospital.”
Ms Heeremans, Ms Sweeney and Ms Cosmo began civil action against Morello in 2011, but their compensation payout was only determined on Thursday.
The Queensland District Court heard one of the injured women still cried about 20 times a month about the incident, another had panic attacks which were triggered by sirens, and the other felt too uncomfortable to strike a match or light a candle and avoided going near gas barbeques.
Judge Brad Farr SC found Morello to have been negligent. He ordered Morello to pay damages of $149,178 to Ms Heeremans, $127,756 to Ms Cosmo and $82,692 to Ms Sweeney.
Source : The Brisbane Timea
May 30, 2014 – 10:32PM
The ACT government is set to broaden a stamp duty concession scheme aimed at pensioners to all home buyers aged over 60, giving them access to huge cuts.
The “Over 60s Home Bonus” will replace the Pensioner Duty Concession Scheme following the delivery of the 2014-15 ACT budget next week.
From next Wednesday, eligible downsizers will pay as little as $20 for stamp duty for a property worth less than $595,000, and will receive discounts on the duty for homes valued up to $765,000.
Unlike other first home owner assistance programs, limited to new properties, the discounts will
all homes in the territory.
The ACT government will take a predicted hit of $5.3 million in revenue over the next two years as a result of the reduction in stamp duty paid by eligible home buyers.
ACT Treasurer Andrew Barr has also confirmed the government will continue the cuts to stamp duty for all home buyers proposed under the territory’s staged tax reform.
The pensioner scheme was initiated in 2008 to provide incentives to pensioners who found stamp duty an impediment to downsizing.
It has not had the desired effect on encouraging downsizing in the territory with, on average, less than 80 people accessing the scheme each year.
Mr Barr said the scheme had been broadened to provide an incentive to the large cohort of older residents in the territory to downsize and stay in the areas they already lived in.
He said this was the reason the scheme applied to both established and new homes, and was only dependent on the value of the property.
“We don’t want stamp duty to be a barrier to making that transition into a different form of housing,” he said.
“This hits right in the middle of the housing market, and I think that’s an area that needs a little bit of stimulation over the next couple of years.”
Mr Barr said while stamp duty was a highly volatile tax line that fluctuated depending on the state of the market, the government expected to take a hit to the bottom line of about $5 million.
He said there would be a two-year sunset clause on the expanded scheme and the government would reassess it at that time.
The Treasurer anticipated that “hundreds” of downsizers over 60 are likely to benefit from the scheme in each of the two years.
Under the home bonus program, an eligible downsizer will pay just $20 in stamp duty if they buy a property for less than $595,000, or $316,100 for land.
Figures provided by the ACT Treasury show the buyer of a $350,000 home would save $9555 in stamp duty and a buyer of a $550,000 home would save $18,280.
Buyers of properties costing $650,000 would save $13,840 and buyers paying $700,000 would save $7740.
In addition to broadening the scheme to non-pensioners, the government will increase the property price thresholds.
The value at which buyers receive a full concession has increased from $580,900 to $595,000, and part-concession has been raised from $742,000 to $765,000.
The Real Estate Institute of the ACT has welcomed the move to broaden the scheme.
CEO Ron Bell said stamp duty represented about 6 per cent of the purchase price of a home and it was a large impediment to older Canberrans downsizing.
“I think it’s very good news, particularly when we’re seeing the actions coming out of the federal budget,” he said.
Mr Barr said the initiative should free up larger housing stock for families, bringing flow-on benefits to the property market, in particular to housing affordability.
As foreshadowed in previous budgets, the ACT government is phasing out stamp duty over 20 years and increasing general rates to make up for the shortfall in revenue.
According to Treasury figures, from June 4 home buyers will save an additional $600 on a home worth $300,000, and save $1300 for homes valued at $500,000, $750,000 and $1 million.
While Mr Barr would not put a figure on the rates increase to be revealed in next week’s budget, he said it had been determined – under the same policy framework as last financial year – this was an average increase of 10 per cent.
Source : The Canberra Times
May 30, 2014 – 7:56PM
A nuclear engineer who alleges he was marginalised by his managers and colleagues and who missed out on being sent to work at Fukushima has failed in his attempt to have a rejected compensation claim overturned.
Sergei Zimin claimed he had suffered post-traumatic stress disorder and major depression because of how he was treated while working at the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency.
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal noted Comcare’s original rejection conceded that if Dr Zimin’s adjustment disorder existed it was substantially caused by events at ARPANSA.
These included failure to be promoted to executive level two, inability to receive permission to work from home and exclusion from the project team going to Fukushima.
Comcare had contended Dr Zimin was not suffering from a mental ailment when he made his unsuccessful claim in February 2012.
Comcare maintained any potential mental ailment suffered by the engineer would have been the result of a ”reasonable administrative action taken in a reasonable manner” and therefore in line with the relevant workplace laws.
The tribunal affirmed the decision this week.
Dr Zimin started work at ARPANSA in 1999. He has claimed in court that in 2003 he was pressured to compromise his professionalism by modifying a critical safety audit of a nuclear reactor.
This, along with the ”mysterious disappearance” of a work colleague, made him anxious and distressed.
During this period he was having trouble sleeping and after seeing medical experts, he lodged a compensation claim that was later withdrawn when he secured a job with the International Atomic Energy Agency.
He described his seven years in Vienna as a ”very happy time” and commanded respect among his colleagues.
He returned to Australia to work for ARPANSA in 2011 but alleges he soon found the working environment had not changed.
The tribunal’s decision notes he was too afraid to go to work.
Source : The Sydney Morning Herald
Air New Zealand is getting next generation Boeing 787-9 aircraft this year but said the FAA decision had no bearing on how it would use the planes. Photo / Brett Phibbs
Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner will be allowed to fly farther from the nearest airport on some long over-water trips after US regulators concluded that the once-troubled jet has proved its reliability.
The clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration will let airlines put 787s on more-direct routes, cutting fuel burn. The FAA’s decision means Dreamliners will be able to fly as far as 5 1/2 hours from an airport, the top duration for any plane, instead of the previous three hours.
“Our customers are eager to expand their 787 operations,” Larry Loftis, Boeing’s general manager for the Dreamliner program, said on Wednesday in a statement. “We’re delighted that this capability, which was designed into the airplane from the very beginning, has been certified.”
The agency’s move is a vote of confidence for the world’s first jetliner built chiefly of composite plastics, a plane that was grounded last year to fix battery meltdowns and whose delays during development meant that its 2011 debut ran more than three years late.
Aviation regulators in other nations typically follow the FAA’s lead.
While the twin-engine 787 has been used on oft-traveled long-range routes like those across the northern Pacific, the new rule gives airlines more flexibility to fly routes in the southern reaches of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans, and over the North and South poles.
The new -9 version of the 787 has a maximum range of 8,300 nautical miles (15,370 kilometres), or farther than Boeing’s newest four-engine 747.
Special regulations for so-called extended operations are designed to ensure that commercial aircraft in the world’s most-remote airspace can safely divert to an alternate airport in the event of an engine failure or fire, according to the FAA.
In the early days of commercial flight, twin-engine jets weren’t allowed to fly more than 60 minutes from an airport because they weren’t deemed dependable enough. Regulators have gradually increased the time allowed from a diversion spot amid improvements in engines and other safety enhancements.
Dreamliner buyers can choose engines made by General Electric or Rolls Royce Holdings, and both can qualify for the extended flight routes under the FAA’s new policy.
Boeing’s Dreamliner deliveries totaled 146 to 19 customers, according to the company. As of May 19, the global 787 fleet’s tally was 97,520 commercial flights, with an estimated 18.3 million passengers.
The cases for the 787’s lithium-ion batteries were redesigned last year after units in two planes overheated and, in one case, caught fire. The Dreamliner is the most-advanced model from Chicago-based Boeing, with features including an increased reliance on electricity to power the plane’s systems.
Air New Zealand is getting next generation Boeing 787-9 aircraft this year but said the FAA decision had no bearing on how it would use the planes. The airline had always intended that its planes would use the three-hour rule and “had no current plans to use the extended range capability,” a spokeswoman said.
Source : The New Zealand Herald