W-League: Canberra United striker Caitlin Munoz to miss Perth game because of injury

Caitlin Munoz's absence will be a blow for United against Perth.

Caitlin Munoz’s absence will be a blow for United against Perth. Photo: Getty Images

Canberra United striker Caitlin Munoz will miss her second straight game with a quad strain, but is expected to return in the new year.

United did not want to risk the 30-year-old on the six-hour flight to Perth for Saturday’s match with the Glory.

Midfielder Georgia Yeoman-Dale has also been ruled out with a hip injury, allowing Queenslander Holly Houston to make her W-League debut.

Munoz was sidelined for last weekend’s 3-0 win against the Newcastle Jets, which lifted United to second place on the table.

Advertisement

She has been earmarked to return for the first match after the Christmas break, when United takes on Adelaide United in South Australia on January 5.

United chief executive Heather Reid said the club was taking a careful approach with Munoz before the long trip across the Nullarbor.

”She’s got a slight quad strain so we’re just giving her a rest ahead of the games in January,” Reid said.

”It’s a blow for the team but it gives Holly Houston the opportunity to come into the match-day squad.”

Houston was the last player to make the United squad after being recommended to the club by assistant coach Raeanne Dower.

The 24-year-old can play in the midfield or up front and played for Redlands United in the Brisbane club competition.

Matildas star Sally Shipard is still recovering from a knee injury and is aiming to make her long-awaited return to the park for the match with Melbourne Victory on January 12.

Yeoman-Dale is expected to miss just one game after coming on as a substitute in the 81st minute last week.

 

 The Canberra Times

Enfoque NT: As tentativas do SBT em fazer sucessos do passado, no presente

https://i1.wp.com/natelinha.ne10.uol.com.br/imagem/noticia/ca7d45a1a742ddaa8c2092c7ce2f004f.jpg

Divulgação

 

O público não é o mesmo de 15, 20 anos atrás. Mas o SBT insiste em resgatar sucessos que marcaram uma época.

Uma atração que pode voltar em 2014 é o “Fantasia”, fenômeno do final da décadade 1990, que congestionou linhas telefônicas e obteve grande audiências nas tardes da emissora. Tentaram ressucitá-lo sem sucesso nas madrugadas de 2007, onde perdia até para os programas da Igreja Universal, na Record. Tentou ir para às tardes, onde se consagrou, sem sucesso. Um formato como esse já não cabe mais na televisão aberta. Duvido que volte, mas se voltar, será por pouco tempo.

Neste ano, o SBT também ressuscitou o Bozo, que marcou toda uma geração há mais de 20 anos. Colocaram um palhaço para apresentar desenhos, quando todo mundo sabe que criança quer ver é desenho. Todo mundo sabe, menos quem dirige a emissora. O que aconteceu? O Bozo saiu com a mesma velocidade que chegou. No final das contas, ninguém se deu conta que ele tinha voltado a existir.

Exceções

Como toda a regra, existem suas exceções, como as produções “Carrossel” e “Chiquititas”, que estão sendo bem-sucedidas. Essa última um pouco menos, até por conta de que esteja um pouco cedo para uma releitura da novela. Entretanto, é um sucesso comercial. Não chega mais aos dois dígitos com tanta facilidade, mas supre as necessidades da casa.

Recorde negativo

A nova novela do SBT, “Por ela Sou Eva”, da Televisa, inédita, está em baixa. Já chegou a míseros 2 pontos de média. “Cuidado com o Anjo”, sua antecessora, chegava a 7, 8 pontos. Vai ser difícil emplacar outra novela estrangeira ou qualquer que seja no horário.
A coluna Enfoque NT é diária! Confira todos os dias uma crítica diferente sobre o mundo da TV; 

Contatos do colunista: thiagoforato@natelinha.com.br – Twitter: @Forato_

Keep up with the Summer Football action here!

Thursday, 19 December 2013 4:53 PM

Keep up with the Summer Football action here!

With 16 matches in 17 days #SummerFootball is here. Keep up with all the action and social media conversation at a-league.com.au/summerfootball.

The best #SummerFootball tweets will be featured right here, so get involved over the Christmas and New Year period.

Wellington left to Roux missed chances as Mariners win

Thursday, 19 December 2013 8:40 PM

Wellington left to Roux missed chances as Mariners win

Goalkeeper Liam Reddy pulled off a spectacular penalty save to ensure Central Coast christened its new home away from home with a 1-0 win over battling Wellington at a noisy North Sydney Oval on Thursday night.

Watched by a good festive season crowd of 6755 at the picturesque ground, Storm Roux’s first A-League goal in the 27th minute was enough to separate the teams, although Reddy had a big say in the outcome.

He dived low to his left to block Stein Huysegems’ firmly-hit spot kick just after half-time to preserve the Mariners’ one-goal lead after Roux was adjudged to have brought down Manny Muscat in the box.

They failed to score that time and Wellington blew another chance five minutes from the end when Jeremy Brockie shovelled the ball over the bar with only an empty net in front of him.

Reddy denied the visitors on at least half a dozen other occasions in a real man-of-the-match performance.

Equally impressive was the turn-out for the Mariners’ first home game at North Sydney, certain to be a forerunner to further matches at the historic ground in the future.

It was the first top flight game in North Sydney since Northern Spirit played there in the old National Soccer League days and the teams turned on a decent show to mark the occasion.

The goal came after a period of sustained pressure from the hosts just before the half-hour mark.

Ben Sigmund failed to clear Mile Sterjovski’s cross from the right and Roux was on hand to slam home his first goal.

It brought a tense game to life as goal scoring opportunities started to mount.

Marcos Flores and Daniel McBreen combined a few minutes later, freeing McBreen for a shot that was brilliantly saved by Glen Moss.

It was then the Mariners’ turn to come under siege and they have Reddy to thank for ensuring there was no equaliser.

He pulled off saves to deny Louis Fenton and then Jason Hicks in a frenetic five-minute period.

Reddy’s penalty block was the highlight of an entertaining second half, but Moss was equally brilliant at the other end.

He somehow deflected Nick Fitzgerald’s goal-bound effort just before the hour in a save that will be right up there with the best this season.

The win sees Central Coast climb two places to fourth while the Phoenix remain winless and second from bottom.

Central Coast Mariners 1  (Roux 27)
Wellington Phoenix 0 
Crowd: 6755

Football Federation Australia

Italian giants Juventus coming to Sydney

Friday, 20 December 2013 9:30 AM

Juventus F.C. Logo.png

One of the world’s greatest football clubs, the Italian Serie A giants Juventus, will play a one-off match in Sydney next year, NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell announced today.

Mr O’Farrell said securing Juventus for the Australian-exclusive match against the FOXTEL A-League All Stars was another major coup for the NSW major events calendar.

“Juventus is one of the world’s most famous football clubs and a visit by the ‘Old Lady’ to Sydney has been long hoped for by Australian fans,” Mr O’Farrell said.

“I am delighted the NSW Government, through its tourism and major events agency Destination NSW, in partnership with Football Federation Australia, has been able to secure Juventus for Sydney.

“Following the huge success of the sold out All Stars match against Manchester United earlier this year we have worked hard with the FFA to secure Italy’s most-popular club for Sydney.

“The reigning Serie A champions will play a hotly-anticipated match against the A-League All Stars team at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 10 August, 2014.

“This is an historic visit by Juventus to Sydney and I encourage sports fans from across Australia to come and enjoy the best of world football in Sydney, Australia’s premier sports and major events city.”

Juventus has a world-wide fan base of 250 million, including 1.4 million Juventus faithful in Australia and is the former club of current Hyundai A-League superstar, Alessandro Del Piero.

The club is the most successful Italian football club in history, having won 54 official titles on the national and international stage, more than any other Italian club. The club also boasts a record 29 league titles, nine Italian cups, a record five national super cups, and eleven titles in confederation and inter-confederation competitions.

The A-League All Stars will once again represent the best of the A-League, with players and coaching staff selected by football fans.

Minister for Tourism and Major Events George Souris said the latest major event coup would be a significant boost for the NSW economy.

“Juventus will experience the same welcome that football fans offered Manchester United during their visit in July this year, which saw a sold out crowd of more than 83,000 descend on ANZ Stadium.

“By hosting this remarkable team, Sydney and NSW will once again be showcased to a worldwide audience. It again confirms our position as Australia’s home of major events – the NSW Government has secured 184 events over the past two and a half years, boosting the State’s economy by about $1.2 billion.”

Minister for Sport and Recreation, Gabrielle Upton, said: “NSW plays host to some of the most exciting sporting fixtures and they don’t get any bigger than a match featuring Juventus. This game will not only be thrilling to watch but is important in positioning Sydney as the home of football in Australia and home of the A-League All Stars.”

Juventus FC President, Andrea Agnelli, said they would bring a full strength squad to Sydney in 2014.

“Juventus has a responsibility to its millions of fans to present our heritage and our qualities in the best way possible,” Mr Agnelli said.

Football Federation Australia, CEO, David Gallop said, “The club is delighted to visit such a great city as Sydney and engage with the Australian football community. This will be a night to remember. The confirmation of Juventus as the opponent for the FOXTEL A-League All Stars is another boost to the growing international stature of the Hyundai A-League.”

“The All Stars concept is all about presenting the A-League on the world stage and the presence of Juventus FC in Sydney will guarantee huge domestic and international interest. It’s also a great opportunity for A-League players and coaches to test themselves at the highest level.

“Once again we’ll make sure the A-League fans have a big say in the selection of the All Stars, which was such a popular feature of the inaugural All Stars match last year.”

Mr Gallop also today announced that Seven Network has successfully bid for the free to air broadcast rights for the match. “I’m delighted that Seven Network will again be our partner to take this prestigious match into all Australian homes.”

Tickets for the FOXTEL A-League All Stars v Juventus FC will go on sale in an exclusive Football Family Pre-Sale Window in January. Membership of the Football Family is free. If you wish to sign up to Football Family please email promotions@footballaustralia.com.au and one of our team will be in touch to finalise your subscription.

Official Juventus travel packages will go on sale for interstate and international visitors in January. Go to www.sydney.com for updated information.

Corporate hospitality will be available from ANZ Stadium. www.anzstadium.com.au

Keep up with all the #SummerFootball action by following our active news feed, featuring 16 Hyundai A-League matches in 17 days and all social media chatter.

Football Federation Australia

Xuxa gravou programas especiais

•       Xuxa passou o dia de ontem em Angra dos Reis gravando edições do “TV Xuxa” para o mês de janeiro…
•       … O cantor Daniel foi um dos seus convidados…
•        … No mais, segue a novela da sua complicada renovação de contrato…
•       … É bom que fique claro que não existem outros fatores envolvidos. É isso e apenas isso.
Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Flávio Ricco comenta processo de unificação do Grupo Band

Grupo Bandeirantes de Comunicação
•       A Bandeirantes já tem todo o planejamento de unificação das suas emissoras…
•       … Trata-se de um trabalho que deve valer já no começo do ano que vem…
•       … O que ainda não está claro é o que haverá de investimentos nisso…
•       … Emissoras como a BandNews e BandSports, como se sabe, já de muitos anos operam em situação bastante precária.
Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Conheça o personagem de Luiz Antônio no seriado A Teia

Globo/ Estevam Avellar

Ângelo Antônio integra o elenco da série “A Teia”, como Luiz Germano, braço direito do delegado Jorge Macedo (João Miguel). Paulo Vilhena faz o bandido, Marco Aurélio. Estreia, na Globo, dia 30 de janeiro.

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery

Band define data de estreia do Sabe ou não sabe

 

O programa “Sabe ou não sabe”, apresentado por André Vasco e com estreia confirmada para 6 de janeiro, será exibido diariamente às 15h50.

 

Flávio Ricco com colaboração de José Carlos Nery