Orange team go mortgage free

AIMEE GULLIVER

Last updated 20:57 03/09/2013

Dream Home

WINNERS: Orange team Sarah and Martyn Giles have a new home.

Orange team’s Marty and Sarah Giles won their Dream Home in the live final of the Mitre 10 sponsored series, beating out the black team’s Jay Blair and Amanda Fail.

The Christchurch couple now own mortgage free the house they renovated on television over the past 10 weeks.

In a twist, both teams had to bid on their houses without knowing whether they had won the competition or not. In previous seasons, the winner has been announced and the losing team’s house went under the hammer.

Both went for $375,000 – with no bidders from the public.

Orange won the overall energy efficiency prize, scoring a year’s free power and an insulation package which they donated to Habitat for Humanity.

Both teams also received a brand new Toyota Rav 4 as part of the overall prize pack. Both teams were familiar with the vehicle after using it in a trailer backing competition for the show.

The public vote made up 70 per cent of the final result with the judges’ scoring throughout the series making up the remaining 30 per cent.

– © Fairfax NZ News

Deixe um comentário

Preencha os seus dados abaixo ou clique em um ícone para log in:

Logo do WordPress.com

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta WordPress.com. Sair /  Alterar )

Imagem do Twitter

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta Twitter. Sair /  Alterar )

Foto do Facebook

Você está comentando utilizando sua conta Facebook. Sair /  Alterar )

Conectando a %s

Este site utiliza o Akismet para reduzir spam. Saiba como seus dados em comentários são processados.